Baseline Visit - Part 3

This is a continuation of my participation in the Stem Cell Research Program (referred to as CADUCEUS) with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. I volunteered to be a part of this Stem Cell Research Program because I have NO health insurance and I wanted the best health care available at Cedars. ~Wayne McDonald

On Thursday February 25, 2010 I went in for my Baseline visit for the CADUCEUS study.

The Baseline visit gathers information prior to Stem Cell Infusion on Friday February 26. Today's appointment was from 8:30am to 4:30pm.

At 8:30am I went in for my second Cardiac MRI - a 1-1/2 hour procedure. Yes, 90 minutes in the MRI machine, no breaks.

After the MRI I went to the Lab for my blood draw. Then an office visit with the Stem Cell Research Program team - which included a Six Minute Walk Test and a 45 minute post-walk monitoring).

Late afternoon at 3pm I had a Pulmonary Function Tests (breathing real hard into a tube to check lung capacity). That was followed by a 15 minute treadmill test for endurance.

I passed everything with flying colors. I will have more Baseline visits to monitor the results of my Stem Cell Infusion.

Note: This is an ongoing update of my HEALTHY recovery after a heart attack on New Years Eve 12-31-2009. Please click-on the category HEART DISEASE to read all my updates. ~Wayne McDonald, age 54 and 136 pounds - healthy.

No comments: