Heart Muscle Spasm

This is an ongoing update of my HEALTHY recovery after a heart attack on New Years Eve 12-31-2009. ~Wayne

On Monday February 22 at 9am I noticed that I was having a slight intermediate twinge in my chest. It was minor and not painful, but I was having a twinge 4 or 5 times an hour. I made a call to a cardo nurse I know and she recommended I go to emergency.

I drove to emergency at 10am and checked-in. The doctor did an EKG and blood draw. Everything looked ok, but they wanted to keep me for observation. The muscle spasms continued - always they same. I felt like the boy who cried wolf.

They decided to check me in overnight for observation. I remember still having muscle spasms til 7pm that evening. The next morning, Tuesday, I woke up with NO spasms. Before I was released I was hooked up with a Holter monitor on my chest to wear home for 48 hour monitoring.

Note: This is an ongoing update of my HEALTHY recovery after a heart attack on New Years Eve 12-31-2009. Please click-on the category HEART DISEASE to read all my updates. ~Wayne McDonald, age 54 and 136 pounds - healthy.

No comments: